Topic

Topic:
makeup/cosmetics

Research question:
Should women stop believing they don't 'need' makeup?

Claim: 
In a society in which beauty standards have reached its peak of ridiculousness, women have abandoned the norms and are using makeup as a way t express themselves.

I chose the topic of makeup because I love it! I also chose the topic of makeup because the way women are perceived in public when they aren't wearing a full face of makeup. Makeup to me is like an outfit for your face and even though I love it, my face needs a break. I've had friends and family make comments like "you don't look like one of those women from Love and Hip Hop today", which I find incredibly insulting and ridiculous. Instead of complimenting a women, people rather compare one to one with a full face. 
My audience is generally women who feel the need to wear makeup to work every day, or to even step out of the house. 

Comments

Popular Posts